I need a website… Where do I start?
Don’t Panic, hopefully we can share some information about these system and help your understanding. For today we are going to focus on a Static HTML website.
A static web page (sometimes called a flat page/stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application. – Wikipedia
Static webpages are great for small business with content that don’t need constant updating. A static website contains pages with fixed content, text, photos, youtube clips etc, similar to that of any website but each page is hand coded and displays the same information to every visitor.
Note – A static website requires a web developer to build the web pages and make changes to the content on those pages. Larger websites typically use dynamic pages, (pages which can be updated by simply modifying a content management system. We will discuss these in a later post.)
WHAT WEBSITES OR COMPANIES ARE SUITED TO A STATIC WEBSITE?
- Websites that don’t need constantly updated
- Businesses that are simply wanting a web presence and providing basic details. (A Static webpage is good for gaining enquiries or delivering contact information.)
- Startup Companies that need a web presence immediately.
SOME BENEFITS OF A STATIC WEBSITE
- Often considered cheaper (Once built you just hosting fees)
- More flexible in terms of layout. Not limited to a template or the structure of template code.
- Once it is up it ticks over and requires little maintenance.
- Static websites can still be responsive (mobile and tablet friendly) – Learn about Responsive Websites here.
Dos and Don’ts of Stock Photos in Web Design Marketers and designers globally agree that visuals are an essential part of web design. Without them, the web would be a dull and complicated place. The pictures we use are appealing and help communicate information more clearly. They also make life easier for our website visitors…
It goes without saying that every business needs a domain name. A domain name is a must have for any and every business whether or not you have a website. For more information about a domain name and what to look for in a domain name, check out our blog post, – Choosing a Domain…
Working with us, together. We do things a little bit differently. Instead of just asking for your requirements, going into our cave, and producing a design, we work with you to create something that’s not only beautifully designed, but effective. What is my role during a website design and build? A lot of clients think…
Signup for Website Growth & Digital Media Marketing Tips
Want to get more out of your website? We'll share with you some tips to implement to help grow your audience and increase sales and leads.