I need a website… Where do I start?
Don’t Panic, hopefully we can share some information about these system and help your understanding. For today we are going to focus on a Static HTML website.
A static web page (sometimes called a flat page/stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application. – Wikipedia
Static webpages are great for small business with content that don’t need constant updating. A static website contains pages with fixed content, text, photos, youtube clips etc, similar to that of any website but each page is hand coded and displays the same information to every visitor.
Note – A static website requires a web developer to build the web pages and make changes to the content on those pages. Larger websites typically use dynamic pages, (pages which can be updated by simply modifying a content management system. We will discuss these in a later post.)
WHAT WEBSITES OR COMPANIES ARE SUITED TO A STATIC WEBSITE?
- Websites that don’t need constantly updated
- Businesses that are simply wanting a web presence and providing basic details. (A Static webpage is good for gaining enquiries or delivering contact information.)
- Startup Companies that need a web presence immediately.
SOME BENEFITS OF A STATIC WEBSITE
- Often considered cheaper (Once built you just hosting fees)
- More flexible in terms of layout. Not limited to a template or the structure of template code.
- Once it is up it ticks over and requires little maintenance.
- Static websites can still be responsive (mobile and tablet friendly) – Learn more about Responsive Websites here.
Which logo file should I use? What’s the difference between CMYK and RGB? Does it even matter if I export to PNG or JPG? No-one will know the difference anyway,…
If we asked you what brand the colours red and yellow bring to mind, what would you say? Chances are: McDonalds. A certain shade of blue on a car? Classic…
Signup for Website Growth & Digital Media Marketing Tips
Want to get more out of your website? We'll share with you some tips to implement to help grow your audience and increase sales and leads.