I need a website… Where do I start?
Don’t Panic, hopefully we can share some information about these system and help your understanding. For today we are going to focus on a Static HTML website.
A static web page (sometimes called a flat page/stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application. – Wikipedia
Static webpages are great for small business with content that don’t need constant updating. A static website contains pages with fixed content, text, photos, youtube clips etc, similar to that of any website but each page is hand coded and displays the same information to every visitor.
Note – A static website requires a web developer to build the web pages and make changes to the content on those pages. Larger websites typically use dynamic pages, (pages which can be updated by simply modifying a content management system. We will discuss these in a later post.)
WHAT WEBSITES OR COMPANIES ARE SUITED TO A STATIC WEBSITE?
- Websites that don’t need constantly updated
- Businesses that are simply wanting a web presence and providing basic details. (A Static webpage is good for gaining enquiries or delivering contact information.)
- Startup Companies that need a web presence immediately.
SOME BENEFITS OF A STATIC WEBSITE
- Often considered cheaper (Once built you just hosting fees)
- More flexible in terms of layout. Not limited to a template or the structure of template code.
- Once it is up it ticks over and requires little maintenance.
- Static websites can still be responsive (mobile and tablet friendly) – Learn about Responsive Websites here.
5 EXAMPLE OF STATIC HTML WEBSITES
- Starwood – specialise in the manufacture of beech wood skewers.
- Stompz – Stompz is a Timaru based fashion footwear store who specialise in high quality fashion footwear and accessories for all ages at an affordable price.
- Unspoken – Bodies, emotions, relationships – They don’t always feel good.
- Tailored Moments – It’s all about celebrating life and Making Memories. The moment is now, not tomorrow, yesterday or someday!
- Economy Campers – Reliable and functional Hi-top camper-vans with ample headroom, easily driven and highly manoeuvrable vehicles.
A website is similar to your car, in that you want it to just work whenever you need, a website even more so needs to be up and running 24/7, and working when you are not. In your car you regularly keep the tank full of gas, check and change the oil, check fluid levels,…
Google My Businesses provides a quick and convenient way for people to search for information like contact details, business address, reviews and opening hours. It’s a way for potential customers to find and contact you easily. With Google making this information so accessible, users are not likely to scroll through pages of information when they…
Signup for Website Growth & Digital Media Marketing Tips
Want to get more out of your website? We'll share with you some tips to implement to help grow your audience and increase sales and leads.