A website is similar to your car, in that you want it to just work whenever you need, a website even more so needs to be up and running 24/7, and working when you are not. In your car you regularly keep the tank full of gas, check and change the oil, check fluid levels, tyre pressure and undertake other safety checks, all of which are essential to keeping the car going and running smoothly. A website is no different and requires care to keep it performing and remaining secure.
Yes, for your website to be live, ready for customers and presenting your business at its finest, it needs to have regular website maintenance.
Just like any software, websites require maintenance and upkeep to ensure the website is working properly.
Websites Are Not a “Set and Forget” Business Portal.
If you don’t carry out monthly website maintenance, you may actually be doing more harm than good.
It’s not good practise to set up a website for your business and forget about it. When visitors go to your website and find things not working or discover something wrong, they often won’t stick around.
Many business owners never check their website to see how it’s functioning. Missed website issues or downtime could mean losing potential customers.
The Benefits of Maintenance.
Below are the benefits of getting us to maintain your site:
- You are assured that your website is updated and always functioning on the latest software releases.
- You have us as your reliable technical support. Yes, you don’t have to worry about the intricacies of how to make your site function well. We will make sure that everything on your website is functioning as they should.
- You are informed regularly of your website’s status. Our website care plans covers this.
Our website maintenance framework are the following:
- At Yellow Design we take great care to first backup the website and check the website after our updates for any issues.
- Our software keeps a record of plugins we update so if there is ever an issue we see what plugin version was changed and revert back.
- Also included in our monthly maintenance report are the performance and security scans.
- If ever we identify a plugin issue, we will make it as a support ticket and we will address it before you ever know there’s a problem (hopefully).
Dangers of Do It Yourself Maintenance.
Maintaining your site yourself could cost you more than you may think. If you just update from your WordPress admin, you wouldn’t have a record of what was done.
Then if the plugin that you have updated yourself will have an issue a couple of days or weeks later, it would be difficult to know what changed and how you would revert back without restoring using a very old backup version of your website (and possibly losing content changes, sales orders, contact entries, you name it).
It Costs More to Fix Than to Maintain.
Inexperience and neglect can damage the look and functionality of your website, and worst, Google (and other search engines) could flag your website as having insecure content.
When that happens, you have a choice to make.
One, you can try and fix it yourself, in which case you may do further damage and it would cost more to fix your website.
Two, you can pay an expert website designer or developer to fix it.
Just like your car, it costs more to fix it than to maintain it properly.
As regular car maintenance keeps your car running properly, so regular site maintenance keeps your website running smoothly.
Call in a Professional.
Why not get our expertise to do your website maintenance so that you can focus more on your business?
By securing an experienced web professional to update and maintain your site properly you are actually saving potential lost sales and visitors.
If you’re interested in securing a maintenance contract for your website, contact us to learn how we can keep your site in proper working order.
Successful websites are websites that continue to attract the right type of visitors and lead them down a path towards becoming a customer or client. This requires consistent content publishing and monitoring of the website to make sure it is achieving its objectives.
Once the website has been launched we can assist you with a content strategy and make incremental improvements to the website to make sure that it continues to deliver on the goals you’ve set out to achieve.
We would be happy to speak with you about this in more detail and answer any questions you may have.